How To Backup Stock Rom Using Twrp official 2023 updated April 2023
One of the main uses of a custom recovery is to flash a custom ROM. It is possible to boot into this partition, download the firmware from here. enabling you to power on and access the files on your phone without loading the Android OS. Because Android isn’t loaded, the Android system files are not placed in memory, which means they can be accessed, edited and replaced. I’m glad that now you are able to flash any Custom ROM on your Android device. It’s kinda fun having an Android phone and then completely customizing it according to your taste.
- If you have a memory card, then you’ll also have an option to save it there, while the ADB option lets you back up to your desktop computer.
- I will be coming again up with a guide in which I’ll be showing you how can you keep your data save in your mobile phone and simply again restore your app data very easily way.
- TWRP does have a touch interface while stock recoveries work without it and are based on volume keys and power buttons.
- Recovery mode is like Windows safe mode, but it far more advanced.
- Then navigate to the folder where the stock firmware file was extracted earlier during Step #1.
The backup size may be bigger, depending upon your usage. It would be best if you had strong internet connectivity to backup all your files into google drive. Once the upload process completes, you can restore the full backup anytime. The backup files will be there forever in your google drive account until and unless you delete it.
Back in the Actions screen check that your selected actions are listed in the order the app will perform them. If they’re in the wrong order, then hold your finger on one and drag it down to the right place. If you ever find your phone won’t boot, and you have a FlashFire backup saved, you can recover it through TWRP. We provide an ultimate guide to install the Magisk Manager and its resource ZIP with various ways to install and uninstall. TWRP is a powerful tool that gives you full control over the insides of your phone without needing to boot into Android. Again, once you have selected the partitions to wipe, swipe the slider to confirm. Recovery is small piece of software that runs in the recovery partition on your device.
Google One integrates this part during its initial setup process, but you may not be interested in using Google One. Google Photos is a great standalone backup option if you’re only concerned with saving your photos and videos. Next, during the installation phase, you have to recreate the internal data partition from scratch, which means another wipe is necessary. There is absolutely no need to worry, as we have a detailed guide to help you back up every aspect of your phone’s data. Just make sure you do that, so it’s easy to restore your data once you install a new ROM.